By now you’ve seen GID15; wonder what it means? GID15 is Government Information Day 2015!
Government Information Day (GID15) is a FREE, one day conference for librarians, library professionals, attorneys, legal professionals, and the general public to learn more about Government Information, access, and current trends about information dissemination, collection, and preservation. This year’s theme is E-access: The Changing Face of Government Information. GID15 is a collaborative planning effort with the Indiana State Library, Indiana University-Kokomo, Indiana University Bloomington, Indiana University Bloomington, Maurer School of Law, and the Indianapolis Public Library. We are pleased to have Davita Vance-Cooks, Director, of the Government Publishing Office (GPO) as this year’s keynote speaker. Government Information Day is filled with informative, engaging speakers and a variety of topics:
- Connie Rendfeld, Indiana State Library: Indiana Memory: Your Gateway to the History and Culture of Indiana
- Mellisica Flippen, Marion County Superior Court and Dana L. Luetzelschwab, Heartland Pro Bono Council: E-Access for the Unrepresented Civil Litigant
- Davita Vance Cooks, U.S. Government Publishing Office: Transformation of GPO as a 21st Century Publisher
- Perry Hammock, Indiana Bicentennial Commission: Indiana’s 2016 Bicentennial: How you and your Library can be Part of the Excitement
- Jennifer Morgan and Michelle Trumbo, Law Library. Indiana University Maurer School of Law: Gov Docs 101: The Judicial Branch (finding case opinions, dockets, court records, and briefs)
- Jane Kirtley, Silha Center for the Study of Media Ethics and Law, School of Journalism and Mass Communication, University of Minnesota Law School: The Digital Paradox: Practical Obscurity, the Right to be Forgotten, and Other Threats to Access to Government Information
- Andrew Weber, Law Library of Congress: Exploring Congress.gov
- Carol Rogers, Indiana Business Research Center: A Working Update on Indiana Data.
For more information and to register for GID15, please visit the Government Information Day page. We look forward to seeing you!
GID15 is Thursday, May 7th 9:00a.m.-5:00p.m
This blog post was written by Kimberly Brown-Harden, Federal Documents Coordinator, Indiana State Library. For more information, contact the Reference & Government Services desk at 317-232-3678, or go to www.library.in.gov.