The Indiana State Library Regional Coordinators are hitting the road with a new “Train the INSPIRE Trainer” workshop.
Want to help your patrons get ahead of the curve at work and in the classroom? Need help teaching your patrons about INSPIRE? No idea on how to start? Look no further! This hands-on training will give you the tools needed to teach your library patrons how to get the most out of INSPIRE – Indiana’s free virtual library. You will be provided with a basic PowerPoint presentation, sample script and lots of tips on how to adapt this presentation for many different groups. We want to empower you to train your patrons and students on INSPIRE.
Prior to the training, It is recommended that you bring a laptop to this training and that you view the new, 32-minute Introduction to INSPIRE Webinar which can be found on our Archived Trainings page. Just watching the webinar allows you to earn 1 TLEU over and above what you will earn by attending the training. The webinar is available for anyone to watch. The trainings (listed below) are 2-3 hours and you will earn 2-3 TLEUs. Please find detailed information on each location by clicking on the registration link.
Join us in 2017 on any of the following dates and places:
- April 24 – Noble County Public Library (Northeast region) – Register here.
- April 25 – Monticello-Union Township Public Library (Northwest region) – Register here.
- May 3 – Monroe County Public Library, Ellettsville Branch (Southwest region) – Register here.
- May 10 – Shelby County Public Library (Southeast region) – Register here.
- May 10 – Ohio Township Public Library – Register here.
- August 1 – Westfield Washington Public Library – Register here.
- August 10 – Crown Point Community Library – Register here.
- October 11 – New Albany-Floyd County Public Library – Register here.
This blog post by Paula Newcom, professional development librarian. For more information, contact the Professional Development Office at (317) 232-3697 or email email@example.com.